• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions...

xjfrankie said:
I'll run at the moment the RE shocks! I have 3.5RE right now! would i have any death wobbles to that 5.5RE long arm.

I would highly suggest getting an aftermarket steering setup if you currently are using the stock setup.

xjfrankie said:
What aftermarket steering setup are you suggesting? Im currently running the stock steering setup on 3.5RE lift with any problems thank god!

Depends on price, personally I would run a currie setup with a goferit tie rod flip insert to run an OTN setup. There are many steering threads around here if you did some searching.

xjfrankie said:
I'll be purchasing a 5.5 RE Long Arm kit soon!!

Frankie
My opinion.

The 5.5 is a great kit. I run a 7.5" RE LA. The 5.5 will allow you to run 33's nicely and 35's with some minor trimming. Once you enter the 5.5+ arena, plan on putting attention to your driveshafts, transfer case, etc. You don't just bolt in a 5.5" LA kit and go. You are going to be dealing with driveline angles, pinion angels and more. I guess the bottom line is that you better plan on spending an additional $500 minimum to properly run a 5.5" LA kit, and that is if you are creative and mechanically minded. The highway ride is very nice on the LA kits.

Actually, I run 37's.

2-1.jpg

DSC04172.jpg

Back