• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xfactor, currie, or other? 00xj with 88 D30

mjd99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, have searched quite a bit, and theres alot to sort through about upgraded steering. My friend has a 00 with a swapped in HP D30 from his old 88. There were some differences with the sway bar brackets coil buckets and track bar from the 00 D30. He was looking to upgrade his steering this yr and asked me to research. From what ive read the Currie is nice, but not suitable for big lift. (He has a 8? inch Rustys longarm setup) The X factor setup seems to be the best fit for ease of install, price and not having to play with relocating brackets. Is there any difference to look for depending on the year of the D30? It sounds as if the only way to get decent handling as well as strength is to go OTK. Does that rule out the X factor setup alltogether? I have searched but still am confused. Thanks for the help guys

Awesome BADaXJ, looked for hours and didnt find that link. Guess i need to work on my search skills. Anyone know if theres any difference in which kit works best with different year D30s?

to the best of my knowledge, it shouldn't matter. i wasn't aware of any difference in the bracketry of the axles (other than the cast UCA mount on the 91- disco axles) but i don't have much experience with the older equipment. stuff is usually rusted to junk before it gets too old up here ha ha.

Yeah, no joke with the rust. I have a hole under my brake pedal the size or a football. And mines a 99. He pulled the HP from his 88 before it went to the boneyard, cleaned painted and rebuilt it since it was free and put it in. When it was side by side with the 00 it looked quite a bit different. He also said they had a hard time adjusting the control arms to make the 88 D30 work. I dunno

So is the Xfactor going to be helpfull getting normal steering back at somewhere around 8"? Or is it accepted that OTK is the only way to go being that high- weather its JKS, JCR or the tera setup

The X Factor is OTK. I have 6" lift and I have no issues with steering. I just have some road steer right now because the steering stabilizer isn't on it yet, but its barely noticable. That will be taken care of soon enough.

I know a few people that run the Currie set up and they swear by it. Basically, as long as you ditch the inverted-y setup that the stock steering has, then you will be alright.

Back