• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil pressure gauge went crazy

rickolis22

NAXJA Forum User
today when i was driving i noticed my oil pressure gauge acting crazy. its normally about 45 but i was on the highway and it started bouncing up till it maxed out. not sure if it has anything to do with it but it all started after i drove on a road with very steep hills and inclines. seemed to stop if i was moving uphill then when i was level or going downhill it would act crazy. oil level is perfect. after a while it stopped on its own. i checked the connection seems fine. i did the cluster swap a few months back and put a new sending unit in, could it be going out already? i'm gonna buy a new sending unit this week and try that. any other suggestions? thanks guys

Sounds like a poor conection somewhere between gauge and sender. It may be at the sender or the gauge because you have messed with both recently so both need checking.

Back