• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Busy week!

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i was home back in CT for down week and i was busy. First off for anyone that has read my numerous threads of my unrelenting skip the problem is finally solved. All i had to do was swap the computer out! So that brings me to my next topic. i bought a lifted Jeep for 20$!!! It is beat and half done right and half done wrong but thats what happens when 5 diffenet people own it. Its a 92' XJ Laredo with the H.O. 4.0L, AX15, NP231, HP30 and 8.25. It has what seems to be "done right" a 4" lift but some where along the lines spacers where added to net about 7" and it sits on 36"s. So it has 3" or 4" lift springs with 3" spacers up front, sway bar drop brackets with quick disco's, aftermarket lower control arms but stock uppers, and a stock trac bar so it can't be driven until i fix that! It also has a 1" t-case drop kit, no SYE, lift blocks, and a custom shackle set up that includes lift shackles added to the stock ones making a half rigged revolver. I bought it to beat the snot out of it because the gearing is stock, no lockers, and the t-case is stock so 4lo is like a normal jeeps 4hi. It runs like a champ though!!! The tranny is excellent and the t-case is solid so all in all i have an exact replacement drivetrain for my daily driver if need be. I have a dilema though i don't know whether to keep it as a dedicated trail rig beater or take the "good stuff" off of it and transfer it to my DD. If it stays the same i will longarm it gear it way way down, lock it and trailer it to anywhere i wanna wheel.

034.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

newjeep3.jpg

029.jpg

042.jpg

041.jpg

040.jpg

043.jpg

047.jpg

045.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

newjeep.jpg

So whats everyones opinions? And anyone know what the lift might be as in manufacturer? Sorry for the quality of the close ups.

Back