• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ugh

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
went over to brendan's today to swap out my tcase, only to notice as we are about to start that the one i bought is all mechanical and mine is electronic. never even thought to check that before i bought it :dunno: well we swapped out my rear ujoint that was starting to take a crap (again) thanks to brendan for piecing one together for me from spare parts, and on the way home im still getting driveline vibes from 25-30 mph... this is driving me NUTS. oh and brendan thought "hey lets at least check the fluid level in the tcase" and it was bone dry :shhh:

... anyone want to buy a 231 tcase? :gee: i cant use the one i bought to replace mine the way it is.

GrimmJeeper said:
went over to brendan's today to swap out my tcase, only to notice as we are about to start that the one i bought is all mechanical and mine is electronic. never even thought to check that before i bought it :dunno: well we swapped out my rear ujoint that was starting to take a crap (again) thanks to brendan for piecing one together for me from spare parts, and on the way home im still getting driveline vibes from 25-30 mph... this is driving me NUTS. oh and brendan thought "hey lets at least check the fluid level in the tcase" and it was bone dry :shhh:

... anyone want to buy a 231 tcase? :gee: i cant use the one i bought to replace mine the way it is.
ummm you are talking about the speedo part?? Why not swap over the speedo stuff?????? A 231 with proper spline count is still a 231 ;)

Kejtar said:
ummm you are talking about the speedo part?? Why not swap over the speedo stuff?????? A 231 with proper spline count is still a 231 ;)
the speedo part, this one has a vacuum switch on it that mine doesnt, mine has an electrical plug by the breather that this one doesnt have... i didnt really want to get that deep into it today, splitting the case and making one out of 2.

Grimm, I will have another t-case in my hands on monday. If you want, I will rebuild that one for you in trade for the one you have. It doesn't matter to me, Just let me know.

Justin

I can probably run the stuff back down there for you Mike this weekend along with your other misc stuff if it can be tied down to roof and thrown into the back of the XJ.
Let me know.

tcm glx said:
So is there hope with the one you had done or not???
:dunno:

justin, if you can make one that will work for me and can give it to rambo in exchange for the one i have here that would kick ass. apparantly i have a stereo to put in for him anyway so he will be back down here soon :D

GrimmJeeper said:

I got a BIG hammer and crap ton of duct tape....we can fix it!!!!

Back