• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another new problem

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well i have been working on switching out my rear springs on my 91 xj. The bolts where siezed to the sleeves so i ended up just cutting the bolt to get the spring out. Now my problem is that i have got the weld nut still in there but can't figure out how to get it out. I have cut a little access hole under the nut but still can't figure out how i am going to get it out. If anybody has got any ideas that would help me out that would be great.

Thanks,
Ben

Is the weld nut still intact (attached to the frame rails?)
If so I would just knock it out with a punch or an air hammer and then run standard thread bolts like you seen on mine

Ya the weld nut is still attached to the frame rail. I have tried an air hammer but it still won't break loose. Does anybody have any other ideas that would help me out.

Well i ended up taking it to the 4 wheel drive shop in town. Said it took him about 5 hours to get the 2 front bolts out. But anyway they are on there so now i just need to get the front done. Looks a whole lot better than before.

Back