• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SandBlasted XJ

Pharaoh XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Last Weekend I drove through a heavy sandstorm it was quite an experience but didnt expect that much damage.

All factory paint held up well exept for a couple of small chips but the main issue was with the windsheild & the front suspension.

what do you think I should do about the front suspension ?

IMGP1961.jpg

IMGP1955.jpg

IMGP1954.jpg

USED TO BE BLACK
IMGP1958.jpg

IMGP1956.jpg

IMGP1957.jpg

IMGP1953.jpg

Any Ideas on the windsheild too ?
PS: this windsheild was installed the day previous to the sandstorm:tears:

The suspension looks really clean lol. Probably just needs disassembly and lube to displace whatever sand is in there.

Dunno about the windshield. They make polishing kits but I would think that needs to be replaced.

windshield needs replaced. rattle-can paint the exposed metal if you are worried about rust. Move out of the desert.
Actually, I'll send you my cherokee: there are a lot of parts that could use a good sand blast cleaning :)

I was even lucky my XJ wasnt lifted the other lifted XJs had their front Axles more exposed were looking as they just came out from casting.

That day I drove through a sandstorm for 3 hours then temp went down to 65 then up to 95 then it rained all in less than 24 hours.

a couple of more pics
K.jpg

H.jpg

Group.jpg

GoodforaJeepAd.jpg

Coneasmallone.jpg

Stuck.jpg

MUV-MultipleUsageVehicle.jpg

Momken7adYe3barni.jpg

AlmostFlying.jpg

IMGP1923.jpg

They do make polishing kits for glass, but it's mroe for removing scratches, not for an entire makeover. It also leaves the glass with a wavy kind of look. Very distracting.

that is pretty awesome. Im sure the sand gets old after a while, but the most sand Ive had mine in is the beach! Im ready to move out west!

Those are some amazing pictures... and the fact that it did that to the jeep is amazing... Still you need to protect it some how... maybe the rusty's front end stiffener?

Tenny said:
Those are some amazing pictures... and the fact that it did that to the jeep is amazing... Still you need to protect it some how... maybe the rusty's front end stiffener?

I don't think the front end stiffener from rusty's would cover anymore than the stock skid?

Yeah I don't know how much you can do against that except for keep touching it up! lol

Maybe you could extend the stock skid a little more? Get some longer studs and put some washers under the nuts. I'm pretty sure any gap created between the lowered skid/front xmember would be covered by the air dam.

Wow, I'm sure that would be quite an experience! Looks like you guys have fun out there in the sand, I assume it's not "tresspassing" like many many many areas that I'd love to wheel in the US?

what do you run for an engine air filter??I'm sure stock doesn't cut it?

bcmaxx said:
what do you run for an engine air filter??I'm sure stock doesn't cut it?

I run stock I dont really care if they dont flow all I care about is that I make sure I get no dust in my manifold. I m sure stock air filter will do better than oil based K&N filter. Oil + sand = bad

andrewsnyder said:
Did that new dodge go through the same sandstorm?? If so, got any pics of it afterwards?

We all drove through it, these are known winds that come each year at the same time from the south called " Khamassin ". I have no pics of the ram but all our factory paint held up but its chrome parts grill, etc look like brushed aluminum.

Blaine B. said:
Wow, I'm sure that would be quite an experience! Looks like you guys have fun out there in the sand, I assume it's not "tresspassing" like many many many areas that I'd love to wheel in the US?

No we are not tresspassing we have alot of free land here. All our population are concentrated in only 4% of Egypt s area.

This trip was actualy a rally driving course we were instructed by 2 of our experienced local cross country rally drivers, Its lots of fun but its also far from easy & quite dangerous, dunes tend to get really tricky & there almost no way to tell how its going to look on the other side, taking off from one of those is a disaster.

Here is an exprienced rally driver who was misled by his copilot
DSC02594.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

That guy broke a leaf, transfer case & shaft.

Even driving on sand sheets needs lots of concentration, on minute you are driving on compact sand doing 60mph in 2wd the next a wheel goes into softer sand & unless you holding on to the steering wheel firmly you can roll over

These are the race cars of our egyptian teams
IMGP1837.jpg

IMGP1937.jpg

IMGP1936.jpg

IMGP1932.jpg

This is a Toy LC shortened 6 cyl turbo diesel lots of torque
4 link f & r dual coilovers on each wheel

Here is another XJ that has been doing good the last 10 years

EL_PyrV_97.jpg

EL_PyrV_154.jpg

El-Faruqi.jpg

Hesco stroker, stock suspension with National springs & king shocks,