• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My tail light boxes

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
Started building a prototype of my rear tail light boxes that I'll be selling on ebay and other places.I like them so I'll probably fab a set up for myself.They are made out of 1/8" steel so they are STRONG!!!

All in all this isn't a very hard project,I recommend it to anyone with a welder and skills.

I'm kind of up in the air as far as lights are concerned.Any recommendations???

Thinking about taking a pic of my jeep parked ontop of one of them:shocked:

That explains why I kept getting pulled over....hahaha.
Like I said I haven't found a set of lights that I want to put in there yet.I'm looking for some that are square for ease of installation.Cutting round holes sucks.......not to mention square blends in better with the xj body.

outlander said:
hahaha.
Like I said I haven't found a set of lights that I want to put in there yet.I'm looking for some that are square for ease of installation.Cutting round holes sucks.......not to mention square blends in better with the xj body.

easy. called a hole saw. a centering drill bit and viola!! a nice hole, Ive used em up to 2.5" in Dia

yea I know,but most round lights are bigger in diameter than that(although they do have huge hole saws at lowes).....Time to buy that plasma torch I've been drooling over for years!

When I built my tail light boxes I just used the old 4" gromet lights and they worked out great

479208_68_full.jpg

Looks like you are off to a good start. Tail light boxes are another one of my "one of these days" projects. I agree with you on the look of the rectangular lights. I have actually seen some recently:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/rt.htm

You'd have to work out something for side markers and back-ups but those might take care of the main lighting. Plus I'm always looking out for other people to be guinea pigs.

Thanks for the quick reply, you should post up more pics for anyone else considering these. And maybe move it to the sale section, unless it's ok here.

Either way, nice light boxes and good price. :greensmok

polar_jeep_04 said:
hey mike need a donor for 97+ i need a set what will it cost me?

yes sir!!

Oh and I'm not trying to sell them in this forum I was just sharing them and trying to get some info on lights.
For anyone else interested in a set email me at [email protected] or Pm me.Thanks.

Last edited:
Back