• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy torque converter?

alexdehaan

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to put my jeep back together. I bought an XJ from someone a while back for 220 bucks, its a bit of a story why I got it so cheap, but its not a story for this post. It came with some stuff missing and in a few pieces, and now I am going through the process of buying the parts to put it back together.

Anyway, my problem is that the jeep came with a used transmission sitting in the back seat, but it didn't come with a torque converter. Now I'm trying to put this thing back together, and it has been next to impossible to find a torque converter. On ebay the only ones I can find are rebuilt, and they want 90 for the converter, 50 for shipping, plus another 75 dollar core charge. I don't have a core to send them back, so I am looking at 215 for a new torque converter. I can buy a used AW4 for that price!
I have also called up multiple junk yards, and no one wants to sell me just a torque converter, they want to sell me the whole tranny.

Anyone have any idea where I can get one reasonably priced?

We have a shop locally that rebuilds torque converters fairly cheap and with a lifetime warranty, thier quality is excellent. I would look into getting yours rebuilt in your area if you have a core to start with.

xjtrailrider said:
We have a shop locally that rebuilds torque converters fairly cheap and with a lifetime warranty, thier quality is excellent. I would look into getting yours rebuilt in your area if you have a core to start with.

Unfortunetly there was no torque converter on the jeep when I got it... thanks for the reply though.

Back