• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions: K&N vs. AEM Dryflow

djxjer

NAXJA Forum User
Just like it says... anyone wanna weigh in on which they prefer? I'm installing a cone filter system, but haven't purchased the filter yet. I'm leaning toward the Dryflow 'cause I don't have to worry about oiling it, just wash and replace. That's just me being lazy. Are there any advantages of one over the other?

I've done some searches but find that everyone is of a different opinion... What do you think?

Give me :01of5: to :05of5:

The stock air cleaner and filters work just fine for me.

I've had problems with K&N's in the past allowing all kinds of crap to get by. So I stopped buying them and putting them on my vehicles.

waxer said:
I've had problems with K&N's in the past allowing all kinds of crap to get by.
if you go with a cone filter make sure to buy the skin for it, never had a problem..................yet

doug

waxer said:
The stock air cleaner and filters work just fine for me.

I've had problems with K&N's in the past allowing all kinds of crap to get by. So I stopped buying them and putting them on my vehicles.

I would agree with this. Working at Ford I can tell you we see Turbos ruined constantly by lots of dirt etc. getting by. Ford will even void a warranty. They seem to be cool with the dry filter media. There statement to us was "Why do you think they flow more".

I have the AEM DryFlow and I wouldn't run anything else. I really like the clean, dry, and go with no oiling. I have had my throttle body off recently and didn't see any dirt like what people have said about K&N. So far so good.
So DryFlow= :05of5: in my books

i have a k&n and have no complaints, but then again i have also only had it on since christmas and only have maybe 1500 miles on it.

I have the K&N.. and I haven't had anymore dirt problems than I did with the stock filter. But I don't clean it enough.... Because oiling and cleaning is a pain in the butt.

My ZJ has the Amsoil EaAU cone filter with dust cover.. A much better design, IMO. The cover catches alot of the stuff leaving the filter to deal with the smaller stuff. I didn't see any evidence of dirt and dust inside the Throttle body and intake when I went to clean them.. Its roughly the same design idea as the AEM filter.

I've used both and I prefer the AEM style. No difference in MPG, but seems to be a filter that actually catches stuff. I wouldn't say its any better than the stock filter, but its a good compromise between that and a K&N.

I prefer the AEM. I don't have the problem of stuff getting by it like I did whith the K&N.

If your going with cone use caution. I ran a cone/tube and it acted like a straw for my engine.. :-(
Ran like shit for awhile then back to normal...must be because I was riding with Jesus that day. lol idk.

Bent said:
I prefer the AEM. I don't have the problem of stuff getting by it like I did with the K&N.

Same here.

Back