• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rim width for 11.5" tire

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
i have 32 x 11.5 x 16

will 16x8 be ok or do i need 16x10. if i could even find that

I just found out the other day that I could put my 32x11.5x15 on my stock mags!!! So I would think that the 16" would be the same.

I ran my 32x11.5 on 15x8's for a year or so before I upgraded to 33's. I would definitely go for an 8 inch tire, and not a 10 inch. 10 inch would be too wide and if you took it off road you would increase the chance of hitting the lips of the rim on rocks or anything, and if you air down you have a greater chance of losing the bead.

Stock "OEM" mags are 7" x 15", but from what I have read you may have a rubbing problem with front end hardware because of backspace issues.

I still find it hard to believe you can put 32x11.5x15 on a 7x15 wheel, but my tire guy claims otherwise.

the most widely used combination out there is 12.5" on 8" rims because of what begster said so 11.5" on 8" or even 7" would be no problem.

8" rims for virtually every tire size.

i am running 33x12.5 Procomp Xtreme MTs on 15x10 wheels with 4.5" backspace. I would agree that rock climbing would beat the daylights out of 10s but not much rock climbing going on in South Jersey. I may air down somewhat on the beach but you just can't go too low (may break the bead).

Back