• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Found wheels..not sure of backspace????

01sesedan

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry,Sorry...
I know, you guys are going to kill me... I have searched but couldn't find the info I was looking for... was looking for clarification.... Newbie here...

I have a set of wheels that were stored for a long time and have been waiting to put them on my next vehicle...(when ever that was going to happen)

The bolt pattern is correct and they fit but the backspace seem incorrect. I but a straight edge across the lip and measured down...it gave me 3.25"...

What would be the side effects if I were to use these wheels? Would I screw up steering components, bearings, hub...ect?

Looking for some feedback.
Thanks...​

Sounds like a lot of stress on the front hub bearings. Not to mention They will be sticking out alot. Even 3.75 stick out to much on a DD.

You also need to say what size tires and rim width.

Mine are 3.25 bs. I have 15x8 with 31's and 3 inch lift. They rub a little bit on full lock if you haven't trimmed. The tire store told me they would be fine as a DD just don't hit a lot of rough stuff going fast, I am not able to do that anyway with the way my back is. They said with them sticking out that far that it is easier to snap lug bolts off. :dunno:

Back