• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine light, running fine??

ponyracer1

NAXJA Forum User
First I'm in england and for someone to read the codes it will cost about $100. I'm going to order a scan tool next week but that doesn't help me for the wheeling trip this weekend. Driving to work the other morning, blink, on comes the check engine light.

Just wondering what would trip a light and still allow the truck to run fine? I swapped out the batt cables for welding cable about a week ago but the trucks been driven a little since then, nothing was moded right before the light came on.

On a side note, A month ago I went grill high in mud and it filled up my horns, I pulled them off and washed them out but they still don't work. They do honk but very quietly. Are they dead??

Oh yea, trucks an 01 classic with the abs removed. I'm going to pull the fuse for the abs today and unhook the batt to clear the light to see if thats it. Shouldn't be it though?? The ABS light is on due to that.

Thanks

Back