• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory LSD Rebuild

00Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of getting ready for new gears (D30,8.25) and I have heard you can rebuild the Truetrac along with installing one additional clutch to strengthen the LSD. I have been told to install one of the old clutches along with the new and it will almost act more like a locker. Does anyone have any experience with this mod? Also how does it act on the road?

Edit: Meant the factory LSD not Truetrac.

Last edited:
Re: Truetrac Rebuild

the truetrac is made by tractech (now Eaton) and does not use clutches, it is a gear operated LSD.

Do you prehaps mean the Trac-loc?

Re: Truetrac Rebuild

goodburbon said:
the truetrac is made by tractech (now Eaton) and does not use clutches, it is a gear operated LSD.

Do you prehaps mean the Trac-loc?

Yes I meant to type the factory Trac-loc. Don't know why I was thinking Truetrac.

Cause ya wish you had one..............
happyfinger.gif

Yes you can rebuild the factory Trac-Lok the kit should only be around 50 bucks from the dealer.. I have heard of people installing an extra plate for tightening it up, quite possible. I just use a .010" shim under the spring plate on both sides to tighten it up.. Take your time, because it can be a bit of a pain.

Clean-RC said:
Yes you can rebuild the factory Trac-Lok the kit should only be around 50 bucks from the dealer.. I have heard of people installing an extra plate for tightening it up, quite possible. I just use a .010" shim under the spring plate on both sides to tighten it up.. Take your time, because it can be a bit of a pain.

Thanks for the input. Does it drive like a standard limited slip or does it lock it up well enough to chirp whilre turning? And I won't be doing this install. I have never done gears. I have a buddy thats done many and also has a lift in his garage. I plan to help for future knowledge.

I rebuilt the LSD in an 8.8 on a friend's Ranger. I order the Ford Racing pack from Randy's and shoved to more disc's in the rear. The thing was tighter then a nun's ass and still is. If you catch it right it will drag the inside tire... Very sweet for an extra couple bucks.

Back