• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 inch on 33x12.5 bumpstop mods?

ReftonsRed

NAXJA Forum User
just installed a 4.5 inch lift did some minor trimming to fenders (about 1-1.5 in) and relocated stock flares higher. Figured before I run it I should get the bumpstops squared away and need to know if with this setup stock bumpstops will suffice or if i should modify the stock ones or buy new ones. I will be running with the sway bars disconnected as well. Thanks

Why not just flex it out and have a friend watch and see if you hit the bumpstops or shock bottom out first. If the shock bottom out first you need to extend your bumpstops

I can tell you that with 4.5" & 33's with Rusty's extended bumpstops (2" i believe) and trimmed fenders with no flares in the front, I still rubbed the fenders and inner fender well pinch seams. You will have to add hocky pucks to the bottom of the coil buckets to limit the rubbing.

I have a 4.5 lift and 33's on right now. I bought the Rusty's longer rear bump stops and the RE front lower bucket bump stops. No rubbing. Hope this helps.

flares005.jpg

Phil :canada:

j33pownr said:
I can tell you that with 4.5" & 33's with Rusty's extended bumpstops (2" i believe) and trimmed fenders with no flares in the front, I still rubbed the fenders and inner fender well pinch seams. You will have to add hocky pucks to the bottom of the coil buckets to limit the rubbing.

With what backspacing?

I have a 4.5 inch lift with 33's and no rubbing, though a little triming was required, I havent bothered to messure my back spacing on the street rims and this isnt a real accurate way to mesure it but it gets the point out while it is immoble. Only 27 inches from the ground to the bottom of the tire.

Back