• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recovery Gear

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I was looking for some recovery gear, snatch straps and shackles at the moment. I found these on Nate's 4x4...

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=78

$7.50 for a 3/4" Clevis Shackle? Is this thing going to break the first time I use it or what? Does anyone else have experience using inexpensive "Made in China" shackles? They will only be used for pulling my rig out of the muck, no rock crawling around here.

Also, where is a good site to get inexpensive recovery gear? Where do you guys get yours? Input desperately needed. I just spent most of my money on a rear receiver hitch plus receiver shackle and a Detour's BackBone for my winch, so I need to get the most out of my remaining limited funds and still trail worthy in a month or two when the snow melts. (Still 3-4 feet of snow on the trails!!!)

tractor supply if you got any near-by. i know they got a few up there. got my clevis' from them. never had a problem. they've also got a big variety of straps.

Tractor Supply has a good selection. They also have hi lift jacks. I don't think I'd buy anything from Nate's.

The shackles from Nates have USA stamped right on them. I would trust them if I needed to buy shackles.

Dirt said:
Tractor Supply has a good selection. They also have hi lift jacks. I don't think I'd buy anything from Nate's.

x2 on Tractor Supply. I just picked up a couple last night from there, about 12 bucks, pretty beefy. I'd buy from Nates, he does pretty good work on his bumpers and whatnot, I wouldnt buy items he didnt fabricate like the shackles from him though. Again for Tractor Supply, they have some really heavy duty come-alongs that are always handy to have in your rig as well, not quite a winch, but its better than nothin

Back