• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a stiff rear shock

solditforajeep

NAXJA Forum User
Titles says it all, I did a 2" aal a few months ago. In July I will be driving from MI to CA, with it pretty loaded down. Im moving so I'll have all the normal stuff in the rear and roof, but will also be using a hitch hauler with my jetski on it weighing in at about 350 lbs sitting a foot off the rear. Im going to fab up the custom hauler this weekend and do some tests with weight on it to see how it rides. Im in need for new shocks anyways, all the adjustable shocks seem really expensive so Im looking for a stiff one to aid in hitting big bumps with the added weight.

Bilsteins.

SO I know there are air shocks systems that you can change in the cab, so with something more basic, do I adjust with an air nozzle, if so how do you know what they are adjusted at, etc?

Yes, the ones for 60 bucks are simply adjusted with a tire chuck and checked with a tire pressure gauge. You plumb them in series so that they are pressurized equally. One valve stem would air up both shocks.

Keep in mind that these aren't the most ideal for offroad use...

+ you're not going to want to use them for lift.

better adjust your headlamps down! gonna be getting high beamed at night!
I now own a lighter 240lb bike on a hauler and still weighs her down pretty good

Ya I just gotta get this thing built and start testing, but trying to plan ahead. I dont plan on offroading at all btw. I was searching a bit on air suspension but couldnt find a kit for the cherokee, im sure one can be fabbed with prior knowledge of how they work. Anyone got a link to an air shock lowrange2 speaks of that is adjusted manually.

bcmaxx said:
better adjust your headlamps down! gonna be getting high beamed at night!
I now own a lighter 240lb bike on a hauler and still weighs her down pretty good

That's why I suggested the air shocks... Once you've got a load on you just adjust them back up to ride height. Viola. No bright lights.

Back