• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What trac bar + 8.8 question

sheeks175

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys my B days coming up soon. :) Haha I was just wondering what tracbar I should ask for for a present. I have roughly a 7-8 inch lift. I have the rusty's adjustable tracbar that comes with that kit... but it sucks and I believe it was bent when I bought it. (used) I have slight death wobble and want to get it fixed once and for all. Also I know I should know this... but I dont. How hard is it to replace the ball joints? Do I need any special tools?
One last question. I have a 8.8 lsd axle in the rear, and I was wondering if I can weld the spiders without any major problems do to it being a limited slip. Thanks guys! :helpme:

ball joints arent hard. just can be a pain sometimes getting them out. get a ball joint tool from any parts store. as for the lsd not too sure if you can take that out and weld just the spiders. maybe somebody else will chime in that knows more about 8.8s

Oh and Im looking for a set of new front shocks too. Right now I have the stock rusty's 8 inch shocks. What would you prefer for that height? I don't really know the extended length though.

Back