• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Custom Front Bumper

rooneypower

NAXJA Forum User
This what I was going for....
FrontBumperonjeep2nddraft.jpg

FrontBumperoffjeep2nddraft2.jpg

This is where I am at right now...
IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

Will update daily with my work and what I am doing..

How thick are the D ring tabs?

Haleyes said:
How thick are the D ring tabs?

Those caught my eye too.

It looks like they are 3/8". I'd have gone thicker if they are. The lack of meat around the holes would also worry me.

I've always used 1" bar stock for attachment points

waxer said:
Those caught my eye too.

It looks like they are 3/8" I'd have gone thicker if they are.

I've always used 1" bar stock for attachment points

Well it is a work in progress, so I didn't want to rape him quite yet. ;)
He may be beefing them up.......hopefully.:D

Haleyes said:
Well it is a work in progress, so I didn't want to rape him quite yet. ;)
He may be beefing them up.......hopefully.:D

My man..... :)

Yup, I plan to put another 1/2" block on the inside of the shackle mount and weld/grind around them. I already have that in my plans.. Thanks for the concern though. Its always nice to know that other people are looking out for you.:yelclap:

How big of a winch do you plan or running there. You got ¼ inch steel or thicker? Looks like a bunch of gusseting is gonna be needed. Keep up the good work man, looks good.
Phil:canada:

Last edited:
Ya well in the CAD drawing I have a winch plate that sits in the hole that you can see right now. Its gonna be made out of 3/16" BUT its gonna be boxed in with plenty of strength.

I plan to put a 9000 or 8000 lb winch in there.

Thanks

Look good so far.The only thing I would high recommend would be to clean the steel prior to welding and getting it all together!Makes much better welds and easier final prep!

Back