• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bored already.......

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a daystar 1 1/2-2" shackle and spacer lift for my cherokee and installed it in late feburary/early march. At first it looked cool and it works better cause i removed the rear sway bar. now, i'm looking for some more lift to maybe run 31's or 265/70/15's. on top of everything, i have a very little budget (read: broke) but have resources to get good used parts. This vehicle is my daily driver so i won't do anything illegal or not road worthy, so keep that in mind. basically, i'm asking everyones opinion on what you would do in my sitution, and also I am in the market for some new rims, as i have mopar cop wheels on it with stock centers now. Lastly, does any of the suspension companies sell the track bar relocation bracket seperately? that would be a big help in my plan...thanks!!:soapbox:

procomp and many other companys sell the relocation bracket by itself. they all pretty much suck from what i have seen, and a better track bar that is adjustable is alot better buy.

take the lift you have now, get some zj v8 front coils and s10 leaf springs or another xj leaf pack and do a search for bastard pack. you can very easily come up with over a 3 inch lift for under $100 using those parts with the budget boost you already put on there.

as for wheels, i know peerless tyres nation wide sell the black spoke wheels for under $40 a wheel with 3.5 inch back spacing on an 8 inch wheel. they also sell a pretty decent 31inch tire for $80 per tire that does great on the street and decent for mild off roading. they call it an all terain but its more of a street tire.

get a track bar like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...004QQitemZ140218334379QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
and you are set up there. These are not great offroad, and some will tell you they straight up suck, but for mostly street use, they are pretty good.

so grand totals
lift $100 or less
wheels $160
Tires $320
Track bar $100
Total lift, tires and wheels for 3 inch plus with 31s $680 with NEW parts. Not to bad. If you get driveline vibes at 3 inches, you can make your own transfer case drop out of 2 pieces of 1x1 sq. tubing 8 inches long with 2 holes in them and 4 bolts. (so like $5)

thats about as cheap as it gets to run that big with new tires and wheels.

thanks, that sounds like a plan, what could/should i do for lca's, or isn't that a problem with only a three incher that won't be hardcore offroaded? and what stock replacement shocks were longer and cheap that will work?

Skyjacker makes a track bar drop bracket that's about $20 if you're really broke, but it's best to go with an adjustable track bar. I have the drop bracket and I'm kicking myself for buying it now because it seems to have more bump steer and I'm going to upgrade to an adjustable one in a few days. And your LCA's should be fine, I ran 3" of lift on the stock control arms for a few years and didn't have any problems.

OverTheHillsATTW said:
Good plan and grab some shocks maybe. IDK if you need them.

if he's only running stock shocks now, he'll need them. I just raised my mounts like so (no pics of the front)

000_0945.jpg

And this is how it'll look on about 3 inches, and 31's. ( I did the V8 ZJ coils, and a bastard pack)

DSC_0019.jpg

Ok, so it's not at 3" anymore, but I feel like showing off:eeks1::D

000_0957.jpg

haha, not close, but it came stock! lemme try to get one by editing...

here ya go... best I could do from the pics I have... Gotta love that peeling (read: Gone) clear coat!

sunroof.jpg

I have to second the comment about the relocation bracket for the track bar sucking. You WILL end up buying an adjustable track bar, so you might as well just do it right the first time.

Back