• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

carb to tbi inject

85xjguy

NAXJA Forum User
i just bought a 85 xj with the 2.5l carb and i want to swap the motor out for i guess the 3.4l but i cant find out how to swap to fuel inject. anyone got some wiring diagrams on how to do it.

Good luck. My XJ is also a 2.5 l from 85. I am going to swap the fuel injection in from my 92. I have tried to find out exactly what is involved and the best answer I've gotten so far is that all wiring from the front to the firewall have to be swapped. As far as the dashboard wiring goes I'm still not sure if it will work or if that has to be swapped as well.

Try googling GM TBI wiring diagrams. I have done it before, and you get to see how to cut the excess out of the GM harnes, yet not have to be a rocket scientist to rewire everything. The good thing is that you save the $300 for an aftermarket harness, and still use factory parts/ junkyard parts.

Back