• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jb conversions NP231 HD

maztheman

NAXJA Forum User
first does any one run this with the super short sye. and if i get one what input gear spline do i need for a 1998. right know i can't look at my jeep to see the numbers on the stock case. thanks

Call JB's and ask what one fits your year. I wheeled with JB and his wife in Arkansas a few times. Good folks! I wanted the super short kit but they said that since an XJ allready has a long drive shaft then the cost of the extra short kit was kinda a luxury. I'm not sure of your build budjet but it will save about 100 bucks toward your new drive shaft if you use the slighty longer kit. The short kit was designed for short wranglers with a lot of lift. They have a super steep driveline angle that we don't ussually have with the lift heights and driveshaft lenghth we run. It is a cool short kit and they actually still use American made output shafts unlike the cheaper competion. http://www.jbconversions.com/pages/ They will tell you what spline you need if you call. His wife still ansewers the phone.

I have their standard length SYE kit. I originally got the super short one and installed it but on my '92 the speedometer would not work. Something to do with the type of signal. So I ended up removing the super short and installing the standard length. JB was awesome about helping me get it right and even gave me full credit on the super short that I removed and sent back. I highly recommend them.

Back