• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spacers??

Slotz_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok ive searched all around and found coil spacers from .25"-6" spacers would it be ok to make spacers to 4.5" or is that just not a good idea...please any info could help me figure my cheap jeep lift to 6" of lift

I wouldn't get too crazy with the spacers. They keep your coils in the bucket when flexing.

but if i made limiting straps to were the only come out of the seat like maybe 1" or so would that effect them going into the seat...i just want 6" of lift i was thinking some sort of different coils with coil spacers and also chevy leaf springs or an s10 pack with shackles and a lift bock probbaly

A 4.5" coil, 2" spacer up front will get you close. But your pinion angle will suck. You'll need different control arms (at least the lowers), and a t-case drop to get the driveshaft angle back closer to normal.

In the rear, the hybrid S10/XJ mount nets close to 4-5", and then a shackle drop or blocks can be added to level it out.

Some say a slip-yoke eliminator is necessary, some don't. Looks darn close to me. If flexed, it might fall apart on you.

Then you may need steering correction, and most likely shocks.

This is my collection--and plan. Have been collecting "cheap" parts for 3 weeks now and have a little over $200 in it. If I wasn't closeout/bargain shopping I'd have closer to $700, plus I've got a couple S10's wrecked out back. I'm fabbing my own control arms and rear shackle, if buying separately it'd probably put the cost right in line with all the kits available...

Edited to add: I havn't unbolted a single thing off the factory setup yet, and all I have is a pile of parts. By Sunday, I should know if it was worth it or not...

you want a cheap ass way to get coil spacers?

Go to a junk yard and take the stock rubber mounts from the top of the coils. Stack 2 of them together and you have 1.5" spacer. You can find them on XJs, ZJs, and MJs. Lots of options.

I payed $2 for 4 of these things. You practally walk out with a 1.5" lift for free..

Now that I did the lift, I'm at 6" in the front and 5.5" in the back. BEST $2 i've spent in a long time...

Well heres one reason why spacers suck!
P1010769.jpg

89xj said:
how is that the fault of the coil spacer? i would say the control arms wernt adjusted properly

Something more than a spacer is fubar there.

To lift 6" won't be "cheap". Like dubbyx says theres alot more to consider than just hikin' the springs up.

brakelines...

Back