• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bump Stops

js_customs

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, sorry if this question has been covered a lot, but searched and didn't really find what I was looking for. My bump stops need to be replaced with longer ones, as the front ones are stock, and the rear ones are completely rotted off. I have roughly 4" of lift... I'm looking for something that will just replace the old bump stops, or possibly add to or lengthen them. What are some options? I saw the DPG adjustable bump stop kit, which is really nice, but a little pricy for me.

Also, is it possible to put the bump stops on without removing the coil springs? I'm at college and really don't have a way to take the coils out here.

hockey pucks up front.......longer after market(daystar)in the rear.Or go get some square tube and make a rear BS lowering bracket.
You shouldn't have to remove the coil to get to the BS,if anything you can jack the body up and let the axle hang so it'll be easier to get to.

P1010769.jpg

Thats 3 pucks under the Rubicon Express bumpstop that I got with my original lift. I was able to get the pucks through the coil at ride height, and then got a longer bolt.

hey iam in the same situation,
just get some 3x3 square tubing(depending on how much you want) and add that to your stock bumpstop for the rear.
atleast thats what iam doing.

Awesome, thanks for the help guys, I understand what you mean about lowering the bump stops. Any idea where I can pick up some square tubing to use? Possibly Lowe's? Thats about all thats around where I am.

I made my own for the rear and used hockey pucks in the front.

Here's the rear:
100_1955.jpg

I fooled with hocky pucks but wanted somthing softer. I cut the threads off of a big wood lag bolt about 1.5" and welded them to the lower coil bucket. Then I cut down some cheap large Harbor Freight ruber mallets and drilled a hole for the lag bolts. I jacked it up with out the spring on to get the taper of top so it hits the upper bumpstop square. Mallet heads just screw right down on the threads. Sounds cheezy but its been holding up a long time. I can't ever feel when I bottom out the front. I use 5.5" coils with two full wraps cut off and 35's so I'm sure it hits them a lot.

dont go to lowes haha thats were i went at first but couldnt find anything.
my dads buddy has always supplied us with metal fabbing thats were i got mine. I'll put a pick up of you want.

Back