• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where can I find...

I just got one for my '00 XJ from UHaul. $300 installed.

PAP (pick a part) 20 bucks with wiring harness

get the nutrails too

Autozone, Napa, Checker ect... I got mine for $119. it is a 2" universal that was super easy to install.

Tommy4949 said:
Also, do nut strips make that much of a difference over the supplied carriage bolts?
Get the nut strips because the carriage bolts will pull through (ask me how I know) They are pretty cheap. Someone said current stealership price is around $20.

scorpio_vette said:
depending on whether you mean "good price" as in cheap, or just a good price for what you are getting, i would go with an aftermarket bumper with a build in hitch.

I'm looking for a good receiver hitch for the lowest price possible.

I agree with the aftermarket bumper advice. However, I have lots of things to buy to finish making my XJ a dependable DD/trail rig and every extra $20 - $100 I could spend on something "better" could be used elsewhere. I have played this game on different sights telling myself, "Well this one is only $20 more." and "For an extra $65 I can have this." I finally just have to settle on what I can afford without sacrificing safety and reliability.

I got mine from JC Whitney for about $140 shipped. I reused the existing nut strip.

So, does my 90 XJ with the frame mounted exhaust bracket have a nut strip for the bracket? Are they removeable? I know I have a couple parts XJs that I could steal the nut strips out of. I just don't want to waste my time doing it if there aren't any in there. Can anyone confirm that 88 and/or 91 XJs had removeable nut strips in the frame rails for factory hitches and/or exhaust brackets? Thanks.

Back