• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What should be my next mod???

wjp

NAXJA Forum User
My 2000 XJ has front tow hooks, Rusty's t-case skid, rear hitch with tow hook, a power trax no-slip in the rear, and stock 225 75 tires. I was out wheeling on Easter afternoon and as I was going through a couple mud holes when I could hear rocks or something banging off the skid plate. So i got to thinking should I throw on a lift or add more skid plates (oil and tranny coverage)? If i did a lift it would be either a 2 or 3" lift. I don't really want to get into an sye. I would like to go to either a 30 or 31 " tire and still maintain street drivability. I guess a skid plate would be the least expensive option, but is it the best? Any thoughts?

Jim

I would go for full skid coverage regardless of lift.

a 2000 XJ with as little as 1.5" of lift, rear Drive shaft vibes can be bad. You will most likely have to install a SYE & CV shaft.
I had bad vibes on my 01 with 1.5" of lift & had to go the SYE/CV route to eliminate them.

I would lift it a couple of inches, Go with a front spacer/rear shackle for 1.5" & install a SYE Hack & tap/ XJ front shaft (from the junkyard) in the rear.
The 1.5 inches of lift greatly improves the XJ off road ability, + you can Upgrade to 30 X 9.5s when you are ready.

Last edited:
if your 00 is like mine...

itll vibe.. just bite the bullet and get a SYE and a front ds outta an auto XJ

Back