• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another no start and I am clueless

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
Not to mention late for work. Here is the deal with my 2001. last night everything worked great, this morning the battery was dead. I pushed it out and jumped it. It idealed very low for a few seconds, just enough to turn the engine, and then picked up to its normal RPM.

I left it running for a min or two and then shut it down and tried to start it again. It would crank away but never start. my guess would be the fuel pump but I would like an educated guess to send me searching in the right direction.

With what you described as your battery being dead and then not fully charged back up, I think the problem could really be your battery. You CAN have enough battery to crank well but not enough available juice to start the vehicle. There have been a few threads with this exact same symptom. XJ's really don't like being low on voltage.

Fully charge and load test your current battery, replace it with a new one if necessary or at least replace it temporarily with a known good one, then try to start your engine.

If it still doesn't start, then you can follow the normal strategy of verifying fuel and spark. Good Luck!

Back