• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

factory 4.10s in dana 30

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
Did cherokees every come with 4.10s up front?

I want to regear my rig to match the 4.10 8.8 in the rear, it would be easier to get a factory dana 30 with 4.10s

Any info?

I just wanted to know if there is an easier way to identify them at the boneyard, other than looking at each front tag on the cover

some of the 4-banger XJ's came with 4.10's but it's kind of like bigfoot I've never seen one

Well you can find one under the YJ's with a 4 banger , then you have to replace all the mounts to get her under the jeep. And it would be a less of an hassle to just replace the gears. I got my 8.8 going in in the next couple weeks then will just re gearing the front thirty to match. And if you do this try to add the locker or what not as well to help keep the cost down from having to do it later. I'll be putting in a Det Trutrac in mine, being a daily driver and all.

MiNi Beast said:
Well you can find one under the YJ's with a 4 banger , then you have to replace all the mounts to get her under the jeep.....

I thought a YJ was a jeep... (j/k)

Well there must be a lot of bigfoots in Canada, I had four to choose from in a 50 mile radius, I went for a disco d30 for $125, and swapped in alloy usa shafts. Maybe an undiscovered commodity up here?

They are around but the early xj's had the most 4 poppers. Only problem was that they also had the lest 4.10 in the yards around here. THe easy way to see what is in the pupmkin is to look at the front tag the hard way is to pull the dif cover and read the numbers stamped on the gears.

trail rate this said:
What would you charge to pull and ship?

I'll check with the recking yard. I can't do much pulling like that anymore. As far as shipping, I'd do that for the cost of the shipping. I don't mind helping out and shipping to fellow Jeepers. It'd probably have to go out some kind of truck shipping, right?

SgtJCJ said:
I'll check with the recking yard. I can't do much pulling like that anymore. As far as shipping, I'd do that for the cost of the shipping. I don't mind helping out and shipping to fellow Jeepers. It'd probably have to go out some kind of truck shipping, right?

You alright yet, I don't care what they say!:D

O.K. Just got back from the yard and the pouring snow & rain. It is spring, right? Anyway, They want $200 for the whole front disk to disk. It did not look like a disco. However here is a few in KY and one in TN.
Tompkinsville Auto Salvage USA-KY(Tompkinsville) Request_Quote 1-888-482-0016 Stock #98T022
Grassy Auto Parts USA-KY(West-Liberty) E-mail 1-800-354-7402 Stock #06H596
Hickman Motors, Inc. USA-KY(Hickman) E-mail 1-800-637-4831 Stock #26044
Charlie's Used Auto Parts USA-TN(Dayton) E-mail 423-775-3046 / 800-933-7958 Stock #059

Thought it may be easier.

Back