• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first post! yay

xjkilla

NAXJA Forum User
Well i just got my RE 4.5" sf kit in friday. Im on staff duty right now but im so excited im going to start doing the little projects like brake lines and tc drop as soon as I get off duty. This should hold me over till my shocks and hnt come in and I can start on the actual lift. Ill post pics as I go so if I put the leaf springs in upside down you guys can square me away. Yes im a newb. got my sig name from the last xj i had. i jumped it with 4 of my buddies in it and demolished every u joint in it and ripped the ds right out the tc. so i got a new one when me and my wife were pulling into our apartment(returning from FNJEEP with parts) and the front right wheel fell off.:laugh2:

Wheels falling off isn't usually a good thing :laugh:

Welcome to the boards, and good luck with your new project!

Just remember, solid axle trucks aren't good for jumping :laugh:

Hell I've jumped mine at the moto track I work at. Nice twenty foot double... With the cooler and four other people shoved inside. The Rusty's 8'' took it well put a egg shaped two of my wheels and did some damage to the apron's in the front and knocked the Bushwacker's off the rear... Fun shit right there... NEVER AGAIN regardless of how much nay nay is watching.

just put in the tc drop so when i get my RE mono's i can go ahead and put the lift on. I put a bolt on each side without the spacers at first to keep everything lined up then prest O!

Exactly like mine when stock.....
Welcome and consider joining and becoming a red-name.

Then i started on the ss brake lines.
dsc00486zh2.jpg

I mounted the new bracket in the stock location with the stock screw since it was thicker.

There is a lot of slack now so i should be good.

I beat on that bolt on the passenger side for about 5 minutes. Then i remembered righty tighty-lefty loosey.

Everyting went pretty smooth including the rear line. But i did notice when i was bleeding the brakes that I have a leak where the ss line connects to the hard line. I think i might have seated it wrong. I tried reseating it twice but still have a leak. Could i use any kind of sealer or would a brake shop be able to put a new fitting on there?

srt-iz said:
Excuse the dumb question but what is the purpose for the TC drop?:looney:
he's getting the nit-picky stuff like that out of the way before the lift.

Welcome to the obsession. :wantyou:

Great work. I like the dumbness in there

Just a reminder when you get to it...

When you remove the stock sway bar hardware, the torx bolts that go thru the lower brackets are pressed in, and not threaded. Or else you'll be cursing youself to he!! trying to get that off with a torx socket. Don't ask how I know.

xjkilla said:
Well i just got my RE 4.5" sf kit in friday. Im on staff duty right now but im so excited im going to start doing the little projects like brake lines and tc drop as soon as I get off duty. This should hold me over till my shocks and hnt come in and I can start on the actual lift. Ill post pics as I go so if I put the leaf springs in upside down you guys can square me away. Yes im a newb. got my sig name from the last xj i had. i jumped it with 4 of my buddies in it and demolished every u joint in it and ripped the ds right out the tc. so i got a new one when me and my wife were pulling into our apartment(returning from FNJEEP with parts) and the front right wheel fell off.:laugh2:

I assume the "hnt" means Hack 'N Tap, correct? If this is the case, then why are you dropping the transfer case?

CaliGold said:
Just a reminder when you get to it...

When you remove the stock sway bar hardware, the torx bolts that go thru the lower brackets are pressed in, and not threaded. Or else you'll be cursing youself to he!! trying to get that off with a torx socket. Don't ask how I know.

hm... good to know... :gee:

Back