• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting 33's

Red98

NAXJA Forum User
Wanting to fit 33's, Which spring in front would you run. I have RE 4.5 W. Rusty's cutout's. 32's fit fine, but want to go to 33's. Thinking Tera or Rusty's. Any suggestions
thank you

Have you trimmed F&R? Do you currently rub anywhere? Think of 33's as adding a half inch of tire to each opposite side, compared to 32's. Are the 33's your looking at getting ture 33" tires?

Id keep the springs you have, add a spacer up front, bumpstop accordingly, if you rub with the 33's.

i'm running 33's on my 95 (really about 32.5's) with 3 inch coils, 1.75 inch spacers, and fairly substantial trimming. it still rubs at full stuff, more so in the rear (4" total rear lift). not 100% sure on the newer body style... but can't be very different. my advice, if you have your mind set on 33's, don't be afraid of the cut-off wheel.

I have an ARB bumper on the front, so it is sagging quite a bit. I have a 2 in. spacer in already. No trimming in back yet. That is to come with tire replacement. I have fairly new BFG AT's, about 10k on the fronts and spare and Brand new backs. Had a flat and rotated the spare into the mix.
Have you any experience with Rusty's springs. How is the ride etc. Also Tera Flex

is that 4.5" of lift plus a 2" spacer?

i'd think 6.5" would be plenty not to rub... depends on the wheel. fab up some extended bump stops if you don't want to trim a whole lot... i just kept cutting.

Got 33x12.5 SSR's... Rusty's 4 1/2" with significant trimming. Still need a little more bump stop a little rubbing is on the inner part of the front fenders.

RE 3.5" ZJ coils fit 33's easily. Shoot, they fit 35's easily.

Thanks for all the input. I have after market wheels, but don't know the backspacing. Just aluminum ones from discount tire. I imagine they are pushed out about 3in. from stock. I am going to go and test fit a 33 and just see. thanks again

engwi021 said:
I am running 34 9.50 Swampers with about 6 in's of lift. no cutting, removed flares and beat in lip (fenders not mine...) I will upload some pics soon.

Bill

looks pretty much like this...
IMG_1709.jpg

I run 35s on the RE 4.5"

Back