• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Utah XJ's: Mineral basin run

climbon

NAXJA Forum User
Alright we have a fall run up to Mineral basin September 6th @9:00 am Tibble fork res. parking lot. We will meet in the same place as before, bring a lunch and some ideas on developing our new Utah NAXJA chapter. I will have all the info regarding the process we need to go through to make this happen. There will be a drawing for those who show up and participate. Last time we had 11 Jeeps I hope for more this time, so spread the word. Also, this will be a good time to meet new people and figure out where we want to meet in Moab for the 20yr event. See you all there Thanks Keith

:confused:

Very debatable. I would almost hate to break my chit bad enough that it would put me out of commission for the big event in Oct. What are your plans for the day? I've never been to where you're talking about.
Dan.

I'm planning on it as well.

I would just add a reminder that if you are not a member of NAXJA as of yet and you are serious about participating in this local chapter organization then it will help a ton to send in for your membership! That is the first step, besides your $$ goes to important organizations such as the Utah Shared Access Aliance!

trndrvr I'd be suprised if you broke anything getting to forest lake and if you don't try to drive up on the biggest rocks in Mineral Basin (like some people I know coughmarccough) then you shouldn't break anything there either.

Keith, wasn't there some video shot as we came down from forest lake last time?

Dan, you should have no problems on this trail with your rig setup. Once we get those LCA skids welded on then you're set. Just don't let Marc "betcha I can bend this tierod" Bryson spot for you and you'll be fine;).......wish I could make it. I'll be spending the weekend with my wife in Park City, we'll see who has the most fun:D

xjblue said:
..................(like some people I know coughmarccough) .................

Hey now!!!!;) ;) .........it's just a tranny pan, and bent tie rod. Nothing serious......( the tricky part was getting off the rock ) I'll see what I can do......

I have bought a few new things for the ol' XJ since I last saw you boys so I am looking forward to this one. See you bright and early

hmmmmm...........maybe.....I have to see tough.

Hey guys,

Don't mean to hijack this thread...but I figured this would be where all the Utah guys are.

Does anyone know of any good 4X4 trails in SW Utah near St. George? I'll be there next week on a mountain bike trip. Hope to do some off-roading while I'm there.

Thanks.

Man, been away from the board for awhile and miss everything. What finially got decided on the Utah chapter? I should have my membership in by the end of the next week or so, so and I am deffinitely interested in getting things going.

I wish I could make it that far North for this run...but that's the weekend I've got to pick up the new CJ in Idaho and won't be able to make that large of a side trip.

Xjohnnyc...

Are you familiar with Gooseberry mesa? great mountain biking and a pretty good 4x trail goes through it all, out to the point...notihng major, but can still give you some fun on a lot of slick rock and sand. There's also the honeymoon trail...not real challenging but great views of the desert and some pretty interesting off camber sections that will make you think twice. Aside from these there isn't much other than just head out into the Arizona strip district and find some places to play on your own....lots of jimbob's redneck roads that you can usually find something to climb on.

Matt

I'll try and be there but it will depend on the weather. If the weather sucks that day (cloudy, overcast, possible rain), I will be there. If the weather is nice, I will be with my girls enjoying one of the last weekends that Cherry Hill is open. :cool:
We'll see.

Hey Matt, thanks for the info. Yes, I'm familiar with Gooseberry Mesa...that is my favorite trail of all. Is there slick rock to drive on out there? And where is the Honeymoon Trail?

Thanks again.

Xjohnnyc...send me a pm and I'll give ya the details...don't want to hijack this thread any further...and your pm is turned off so I can't send you one.

Matt

Would like to hook up with you all but as I've posted before I work on Saturdays. You all should hook up a Sunday meeting to include all of us working folks. I know Jeepzz would be up for it as well as a few others.
Just a thought.
If not then we'll catch up to you in October!

BTW, I still have about 70 tickets for the NAXJA Cherokee Giveaway drawing.......any locals that need some, let me know. Deadline for tickets stubs and money to be sent into NAXJA is Sept 27th. so don't delay.:)

mbryson said:
Hey now!!!!;) ;) .........it's just a tranny pan, and bent tie rod. Nothing serious......( the tricky part was getting off the rock ) I'll see what I can do......

I'm out. I've got a PBX install (yes, that's a new phone system folks) on Sat.

I'll be there. And if your worried about breaking stuff, I went up to Forest Lake in 2wd a few weeks ago. Not that tough.

Sounds like fun. I should be there as well. Dave B we can talk about some of the trails we will be running in October.

mbryson said:
I'm out. I've got a PBX install (yes, that's a new phone system folks) on Sat.

Ah, PBX=Private Branch Exchange the customer end of my work. Do you ever work with Qwest testers?

Hope I can head up the trail with you guys.

How much are the member dues anyhow? What are the benefits?

Thanks,
Brett

Back