• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got my d30 LOCKRIGHT and...

RBFab

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
My lockright locker for the front of my XJ just showed up and the instructions say to check the hardness of the cross-shaft by attempting to scratch it with a file.Thats fine but the thing is I was hoping to install this thing this weekend and I know I can't get a hardened cross-shaft before then. I was wondering what the likelyhood of my cross-shaft not being "properly hardened" is? I dont even want to waste gear oil to find out if I can help it, I'll just get one.Anyone ever HAD to get the hardened shaft?

Thanks all!

I can't remember... I think we just figerd we didn't have one so it didn't matter. Last time i had it open 6 or 8 months ago it was fine.

Well I got my lock right in yesterday,just stuck the stock crosspin back in.It works great so far! Drives good on icy roads,I was kinda worried about that but it actually seems better than an open diff in turns. Now as long as that stock cross-pin holds up I should be good to go! Thanks for the advice guys!

Lots of guys do fine with the stock cross pin.

Me?......I spent another $30 for a hardened cross pin.

http://www.pavementsucks.com/tech/lockright.php

Actually, I would like to follow up on my previous statment. I pulled the cross shaft all the way out of the carrier today and inspected it closely. I noticed 4 small indentions. One for each place it contacts the locker. I don't think it will have any harse effects but it did have indentions. Just thought I'd let ya know. I reinstalled it without any worries.

Hey Lowrange2,
How long you been runnin those 35's and that lockright in your d30?How hard do you wheel it?

I have always used the stock cross pin with lots of abuse. Only broke one. Many shafts and gears and carriers, but only one cross pin. It is showing wear with 15k on it.

Back