• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

belt not getting tight

buzxj

NAXJA Forum User
I loosened the top bolt on the ps pump, and the bolt that holds the long tensioning bolt in place. I turned tensioning bolt both ways and not much seemed to happen. What am I doing wrong? -Buz

buzxj said:
Is it near the bottomon the back, also which way am I supposed to be turning the tensioning bolt once it is all loose?

You want to be turning that bolt to drop the ilder pulley down which is loosening. To remove the belt you don't have to loosen the power steering pulley or any of that stuff, thats only if you are going to replace the water pump so you can get the brackets out of the way.
You did pull the electric fan right ? Then loosen the idler pulley bolt about 1 or 2 turns right ? From then on it's a matter of turning that horizontal bolt up on top, the one that you first said to yourself 'wonder what that does'..
Once you have it all apart pull that bolt up and put a dab or two of anti-seize on it.

Back