• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chaniging a/c compressor to onboard air compressor?

mramr1974

NAXJA Forum User
Any one know of any streams on turning a/c unit to an air compressor my old neighbor did it on a toyota it was cool .

yea, just run an air line from the high side of the a/c compressor, put a popoff valve on the line and toggle switch the compressor. just turn it off when the popoff valve pops. make sure the popoff valve is at a pressure far below the capacity of the tank though.

or

put an inline regulator off of an air compressor on the a/c compressor switch. Ive seen it done either way and it works great. Im going with the first option on my rig

Last edited:
I run the stock ac compressor, you can get a 12v shut off switch for like 15 bucks on ebay (90 psi) I have that then have it plummed into a 3 gallon tank. i can run an impact of it with it ideling, if i turn up the idle a few 100 rpms i can fill each tire in about 40 secs (33x13x15), i also have a separator and oiler on it but thats not needed if you dont mind putting oil in your tires or not putting oil through the compressor..

Back