• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Brake Lights

bloodtype_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
All brake lights out. First, I checked the bulbs.They're good. Then I cheked the fuse. It's good. Am I missing something? Is there a relay between the fuse and bulb? FYI it's a 2000 Sport.

Brake switch located just above the brake pedal under the dash? :dunno:

Check the switch on the pedal. I had the same issue and found out that the switch can be pushed in and out of the bracket thus engaging at the correct travel of the pedal.

bloodtype_jeep said:
All brake lights out. First, I checked the bulbs.They're good. Then I cheked the fuse. It's good. Am I missing something? Is there a relay between the fuse and bulb? FYI it's a 2000 Sport.

I would say replace the stop light switch. It should be fairly inexpensive.

loke said:
Check the switch on the pedal. I had the same issue and found out that the switch can be pushed in and out of the bracket thus engaging at the correct travel of the pedal.

I thought the 91+'s used a switch that was stationary under the dash that becomes disengaged when the pedal moves away from it, unlike the RENIX era that used a switch that becomes part of the pedal / booster rod?

Damn, we're good !!! :D :yelclap:

Back