• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumper from Commanche bolt onto Cherokee

Olympia

NAXJA Forum User
Found a sweet front bumper on a mid 80's commanche at the junk yard. Will this bolt onto my 85 cherokee? I'm pretty sure it will, just wondering if anybody knows. The bumper also has 3" tube guard bolted onto the front of that, it looks hella good, and I will get it for a good price if it will fit. Please Help.

Olympia said:
Found a sweet front bumper on a mid 80's commanche at the junk yard. Will this bolt onto my 85 cherokee? I'm pretty sure it will, just wondering if anybody knows. The bumper also has 3" tube guard bolted onto the front of that, it looks hella good, and I will get it for a good price if it will fit. Please Help.
Yes it will, Comanches and Cherokees are virtually identical from the front doors forward. Be advised though, they didn't start producing MJs until '86, make sure you're not getting it off a J-Truck or something.

Its said commanche on it, do they make commanche J-series, I am kind of unsure. But the front end does look identical, so I think I will try to grab the bumper.

Olympia said:
Its said commanche on it, do they make commanche J-series, I am kind of unsure. But the front end does look identical, so I think I will try to grab the bumper.
No it's a Comanche if it said Comanche, you should be alright.

Olympia said:
sweet, wish i wasn't so lazy, or i'd post pictures
Ya know...laziness will happen.

Back