• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

interchangable parts

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
which of these parts can i take off my 88' xj and put on a 91' xj(they are all parts that list for the 88').

O2 sensor
Idle air control valve
Manifold temp sensor
Coolant temp sensor
ignition coil/wires
emmissions vacuum harnesses

Nothing. Well see your taking a renix to a H.O. engine, so spark wires you can but only if new, the coolant temp i think will, manifold and o2 sensor I don't think will. Don't quote me on any of this, but i'm thinking it this way.

:dunno:Somebody else chime in here!

mitsumotors said:
my RC 3" lift with full leaf packs, coil springs and shocks will switch over though right?

Pretty much the suspension lifts are going to work on all XJs. I may be wrong but I don't think I am.
You may end up needing a SYE kit but that will vary from Jeep to Jeep. No solid rule about that.

mitsumotors said:
which of these parts can i take off my 88' xj and put on a 91' xj(they are all parts that list for the 88').

O2 sensor
Idle air control valve
Manifold temp sensor
Coolant temp sensor
ignition coil/wires
emmissions vacuum harnesses

No
Yes
Yes
Yes
No/Yes
No

5-90 said:
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
No/Yes
No

As far as #2 (the IAC) goes, I do not believe they are interchangable. The newer throttle body has a differnet IAC with a larger pintle I think. All I know is you can't swap an HO IAC into a RENIX throttle body.

mattbred said:
As far as #2 (the IAC) goes, I do not believe they are interchangable. The newer throttle body has a differnet IAC with a larger pintle I think. All I know is you can't swap an HO IAC into a RENIX throttle body.

Ah, thanks. Probably a different GM part, then - there seems to be a lot of commonality between MOPAR and GM control sensors and small parts.

Back