• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure Sending Unit leaks out back of unit?

mramr1974

NAXJA Forum User
Its leaking out of the back on the rubber part if i replace the unit will it fix the problem? also how do i get the wire off cut and solder perhaps my haynes has nothing on this?

Replace the sensor. There are two types for 1996-earlier rigs - make sure you specify whether you have a lamp or a gage on your panel (if you don't see a gage, you have a lamp.)

The connector and rubber boot should just pull right off - it's a standard 1/4" "spade" style quick-disconnect.

Be sure to clean the connector before you put it back on - a quick black of electrical contact cleaner (best), brake cleaner (better), or carburettor cleaner (OK) will usually do. If you need to reterminate because the connector is too contaminated to clean, use a 1/4" female "spade" style quick-disconnect (standard part, available pretty much anywhere.) Get one with an insulating boot.

The connector on my 01 had a tab that needed to be pressed down on in order to remove it. I also removed the little red cross tab, although I do not think it was necessary.

no more leak thanks:sad1: when i changed the belt i think the water pump started leaking ill dive in that tomorrow:gonnablow

Back