• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC Stuck?

SgtJCJ

NAXJA Forum User
So this morning it's really icey. I put the 242 in fulltime. I get to work and go to back in the parking spot and I imediately realized when I cranked the wheel that I had forgotten to take it out of 4X. But with a 242 it shouldn't matter, right? Anyway, it started bucking like I was in parttime on dry pavement. I took it out of 4X and went forward and reverse a few times to make sure it was out. Drove it again a couple hours later, still bucking on tight corners (parking lot). Just to make sure it was working, I went through all of the 4X options. 4 low worked, Neutral worked. But after putting it in 2WD it still doesn't like corners in parking lots. Any ideas??

Update. Yep it's stuck in 4 high. The dash indicators show out of 4X. The handle is all the way forward. But, the front, when jacked up, does not rotate. When I try, it just stops within the TC somewhere. Is this just a simple TC lever adjust? Worked fine 2 weeks ago when I needed front wheel drive while working on the rear shaft.

Back