• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

With all the distributor talk... Which one should I buy?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I've been reading and searching and have a pretty good idea of how to change out my worn out distributor on my '96XJ... however, can you guys suggest which ones to buy or not to buy?

I noticed that A-zone and Advance Auto both sell Cardone reman units and then Napa ... but not sure of their brand. Seems in the past the Napa electronic parts have been a bit better quality than A-zone or AA... but what are your takes?

I haven't priced and OE unit f/the stealership, but I'm guessing they'll be at least double or triple the price so if I can get a good unit f/the local parts houses that's what I'll do.

Suggestions? Thanks.

I have personally blown up an Adv Auto distributers. I would have went with a NAPA part but being as I was stuck on the side of the freeway in the middle of nowhere, I took what I could get. I believe it cost me about $80 after the core charge.

Thanks for that info... Looks like A-zone and AA use the same Cardone part but not sure the NAPA part/brand. I see the Azone part carries a LLT Warrantee, but I don't want to have to do this every couple months or worse yet get stranded somewhere because of a cr@ppy part.

Back