• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EJS 2008 pics

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
Here's some of my pics to get us started:

First thing to do once rolling into town after driving through a couple of snow storms???? Hit the car wash, of course!

IMG_3466.jpg

Maiden voyage on Fins 'n things:

IMG_3468.jpg

Superlift/Dynatrac Media run on Monday (Note to self, don't ever waste time running Steel Bender again)

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

If you haven't read my Atlas story, you can read it in my build thread in the Money Pit. Here's Mike (the owner of AA) and a couple of his guys ripping the Atlas out of my rig:

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

Pre-running the trail Mashed Potatoes on Tuesday for Wednesday's CRAWL Media run:

IMG_3500.jpg

Pic of Brandon's soon-to-be-completed TJ, the Blitzkreig:

IMG_3504.jpg

CRAWL Media run on Wednesday. IIRC, there was like 62 rigs that started including Walker Evans, Shannon Campbell, numerous other rock racers, the guys from Eastside Custom Truck, etc, etc.

IMG_3511.jpg

Brandon (Powdr7) doing his thing:

IMG_3517.jpg

Walker Evans' SUPER clean rig:

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

Me following Shannon Campbell through one of the hot tubs:

IMG_3525.jpg

My rig in Genright's booth during the vendor's show on Thursday:

IMG_3540.jpg

My rig's first REAL test.... UPPER HELLDORADO:

IMG_3588.jpg

IMG_3589.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

(Yes, I winched the waterfall)

Cynthia's (The CRAWL Girl) husband getting schooled on installing the steering wheel:

IMG_3626.jpg

Cool rig we saw in the parking lot. hahahaha

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

On a photo shoot /w the CRAWL crew:

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

Some of mine:

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

Tim being....well, Tim:

IMG_3647.jpg

The photo shoot rig broke a front shaft coming down Escalator, so I strapped him out:

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

And Tater Salad Hill was attracting so many people that they were shutting it down @ 7pm.

IMG_3668.jpg

More to come soon!

Looks like it was a great time.One day I'll get there until then.........your jeep looks real good.Did it perform the way you thought it would??

JACK

Hasn't Matt gotten a sponsored winch yet?

Great Pics!! Looks like a blast (except the waiting around parts).

TORX said:
That's among one of my favorite buggies. I'm jealous that you got to see it in person, let alone wheel with Shannon.
On the way out of that run we all stopped to chat for a minute. Shannon had just made himself a sandwich, and offered to make us all one. Naturally, we all accepted and Shannon Campbell broke out an assembly line for turkey sammiches on the hood of his buggy. It was surreal. :D

-----Matt-----

Awesome pics guys.

I downloaded mine this morning to my work computer, so I'll have to post them when I get to work tomorrow.

I'm lookin forward to next year, and getting to really experience Moab, instead of just working the booth.

WheelinJR said:
Awesome pics guys.

I downloaded mine this morning to my work computer, so I'll have to post them when I get to work tomorrow.

I'm lookin forward to next year, and getting to really experience Moab, instead of just working the booth.

Yeah it's too bad you didn't get in on any runs with us, should have wheeled the jk.:D

Sean

Yeah, I wanted to...but wheeling the brand new overly expensive show Jeep was only a cool idea until the "don't come back to work if you roll it" factor set in.

Next year we plan on building something older, like a YJ or XJ to take over there just to play with.

IXNAYXJ said:
On the way out of that run we all stopped to chat for a minute. Shannon had just made himself a sandwich, and offered to make us all one. Naturally, we all accepted and Shannon Campbell broke out an assembly line for turkey sammiches on the hood of his buggy. It was surreal. :D

-----Matt-----
That's definitely a campfire story you'll never forget. Only in Moab... :cool:

How did your jeep do overall? It really turned out nice!

Back