• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ44 shafts, which side

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
stupid me, its been so long since ive had it apart and i didnt even think to remember

which side of the axle is for the long axleshaft?

hard/impossible to tell by looking inside because i have a locker in there and the difference is not big enough for me to notice otherwise...

HeavyMetal said:
stupid me, its been so long since ive had it apart and i didnt even think to remember

which side of the axle is for the long axleshaft?

hard/impossible to tell by looking inside because i have a locker in there and the difference is not big enough for me to notice otherwise...

I think that they go like the D30, short on driver's side.
Is it possible to install them the wrong way?
What happens if you do?

Yes, easy way to remember is that it's the same as the Dana 30. Short shaft is the driver's side.

In a pinch, you could run a short shaft on the passenger side. But a long shaft will not work on the driver's side.

xjohnnyc said:
Yes, easy way to remember is that it's the same as the Dana 30. Short shaft is the driver's side.

In a pinch, you could run a short shaft on the passenger side. But a long shaft will not work on the driver's side.

Are you saying that you cannot install them wrong?
If both shafts are in, they must be right?
What prevents the long shaft from working on the driver's side?
I put a 44 together a couple of years ago and I can't remember how I went about it at the time.

Back