• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tuesday Tourist Run

RedHeep

NAXJA #1499
NAXJA Member
For some of us, this might be the only time we make it to Moab (at least in the next 25 years when it will be closed.)

I want to get together with all of us folks that are bringing wives, family, friends or whatever and see all of the things you're supposed to see when you make that once in a lifetime trip.

Who's in for something on Tuesday?

Not necessarily heavy wheeling or even something difficult to drive, but I know there's places to go and things to see that are outside the trails we want to run.

Josh

You better plan on staying longer or coming back to Moab to see and do all there is in the area. Our first trip was in 1999 and we've only missed one year since. We've camped and hiked all the trails in Arches, camped and hiked in Canyonlands, wheeled most of the trails around Moab and still haven't see and done enough. Maybe it's because we're from Michigan and Midwest wheeling sucks.

Enjoy it while you can. I think you'll be back.

Happy Trails. John B

Josh,
Lobsterdmb and I are in for some scenic rides/wheeling on Tuesday, We will be arriving on Friday 10/3 in Utah and staying till Sunday 10/11.

M

I would say the wife and I are in....provided there isn't a "must do" trails happening on only that one day.

sounds like you guys would be interested in a trip up thru the La Salles.. i'm planning to do some of the relatively easy "must SEE" trails this year. actually making my own list and then see how it might tie in with the regular schedule.

I'd like to think we'd be back, but with the kids just starting out and some future deployments for me, it's probably not going to happen until I retire in 2017.

Keep it up folks, let's get some more people together and caravan our way around the scenic stuff.

Does sound inviting - pencil me in.

I,m interested as well,need to break into this slick rock wheeling ,easily.
You all know "we " eastners don,t have any rocks ;)

Wayne

Just got our Moab book in the mail last week, so I'm trying to encourage the wife to pick some stuff to drive and hopefully link it together for a whole day.

Post up if there's things you want to see or if there's a good route we can take.

Dragging this to the top.

Who's interested in a run to Arches on tuesday? Check out all the photo spots, spend the day enjoying the scenery.

I don't know anything about the national park, so we'd need a little guidance, but I'm willing to organize if we have people interested.

Josh

Josh, there's one road in and one road out (well, there is a back way). What makes a difference one person to another is which places you stop to walk around, and how long you take to do it. Most of what you want to see you get out of the car and walk to see, so it's a very individual experience. I don't know how well it lends itself to a group run. A few folks who hang out together would be nice, but too many might not be so good. JMHO.

Arches is very much an individual experience. A trip up through the La Salles mountains might be a better group thing. Even an easy run up to Top Of The World would be short enough and easy enough for wives yet thoroughly spectacular.

Back