• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on 1991 - 1995 XJ purchase

Matt

NAXJA Forum User
I had my daily driver totalled by a wonderful specimen of humanitity who chose not to stop after losing their 6x10ft landscaping trailer at 70mph on the freeway - all the was left was to have the ins co cut the check...

Anyhow I have a 1991 briarwood that I love (some of you have seen it has become a trailer queen) but I am looking to add a 5th jeep to the family and I am thinking a 1991 - 1995 XJ (probably a country or another briarwood)

Hit me up with the best choice as far as mechanicals and known problems...

Thanks guys

Matt

Man Briarwoods are sweet, I wish I had one. They're so hard to find though. At least in my experience. And the ones I do find are really jacked up. Anybody know a good used Cherokee website that has some nicer oldies on it?

Yep - Mine was pretty nice when I got it - but that was also back in 1996! anyways it is a bit different nowadays (exo, chopped rear, 38.5 SX's, OD green - ect...) but I'll still have it forever...

There are some minor differences in the interior and controls on the 95 and up. I f you like the older style seats with the rocker base, and the Saginaw steering column with a horn button in the middle, avoid the otherwise just-fine 95. It has an airbag in the wheel, damned annoying little horn buttons on the side, and a less friendly wiper control stalk. The seats are OK, but not as nice (in my opinion) as the older ones. Otherwise, I think it''s pretty much a wash which year you get in that range. The wheel and controls were improved a bit again in 97, but other aspects of the interior changed, and there's less storage space owing to the passenger side airbag and a change in the center console.

OK - thanks so 1991 - 1994 it is - Besides the country model what other loaded options were there... (and the Briarwood until 1993 IIRC)

Matt

Matt said:
OK - thanks so 1991 - 1994 it is - Besides the country model what other loaded options were there... (and the Briarwood until 1993 IIRC)

Matt

The Laredo's from that era seem fairly common. I've had a few that were loaded = power everything including drivers seat.

Back