• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spark and Fuel but no Fire!?

88MJjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i have an 88 Mj. 2.5L. Its has the following NEW: Starter, Distributer Cap, Plug Wires, Spark Plugs, Ground Cable, and Battery. It turns over but will not fire. Check time of the distributer and it is fine. When I crank it after about every 5 - 10 seconds it will back fire out of the exhaust. Someone please help me out! Thanks
Jeremy

Any other work done on it just before this no-start symptom surfaced? Or was it running fine and just started with this problem? How did you check the timing? Was distributor removed?

It ran Fine before it was Parked. But it has been parked for 4 years..... We checked timing by removing the Distributer Cap and The Number 1 Spark Plug and felt for compression as the rotar aimed towards the number 1 Plug.

I'd run a compression check on all cylinders and verify fuel pressure is sufficient with a fuel pressure gauge. Need to start the process of elimination by testing. Did you get rid of the old gas that was in there?? Should have fresh fuel for sure.

Back