• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Summer chapter meeting

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, here's the deal. OC is inconvenient? LA county does not work? Can't make during a weekday(night)? Can't make during a weekend? Volunteer, pick a place, pick a date and time and I'll work with you to make it happen. Lets shoot for July. I'm not guaranteeing that I will be able to show up but I will work with whoever to help them make it happen.

Submit ideas/options/choices/offers what have ya. One will get selected.

I know alot of guys are from the OC, LA area then there are alot of guys from the IE, Yucaipa, Riverside we should try for something in the middle like Upland or Rancho Cucamonga area just a suggestion, that way we all pretty much have the same distance to drive or atleast close to it. Maybe take up some offers for some cash to rent a area, I know id be willing to throw a little cash your way for something like that. Shit even meet at a park during the day. It would be cool to get us all together to meet everyone.

But who am I, just my 2 cents

cds36 said:
I know alot of guys are from the OC, LA area then there are alot of guys from the IE, Yucaipa, Riverside we should try for something in the middle like Upland or Rancho Cucamonga area just a suggestion, that way we all pretty much have the same distance to drive or atleast close to it. Maybe take up some offers for some cash to rent a area, I know id be willing to throw a little cash your way for something like that. Shit even meet at a park during the day. It would be cool to get us all together to meet everyone.

But who am I, just my 2 cents
at cleghorn! ;)

This is a great idea!

We need to look at a map of our chapter boundaries and find a place as close to center as possible.

Then, with proper planning and enough advance notice, we should be able to have the biggest chapter meeting ever! A weekend in the middle of July is perfect. But it is will be up to you, the members....

Maybe it could turn into an annual summer BBQ?

I will look at a map over the weekend and see what I can find.

This is open to all members, guest, supporters... etc...

All ideas are appreciated and encouraged....

rpraterxj said:
This is a great idea!

We need to look at a map of our chapter boundaries and find a place as close to center as possible.

This sounds good. Although, I think we may find that the center is still in the OC, Fullerton maybe? :shhh:

I think most of you are forgetting to include san diego and out into the desert. "Center" is more like south OC.

But if we wanted to do a bbq, I could host it at my dads in Fullerton. Plenty of parking, plenty of room, easy access, and half of socal already knows how to get there.

If you're shooting for July why not look for some plalce that has accesibility to water like Silverwood, Puddinstone, Perris, one of the San Diego County lakes, Mission Bay. Some place that has camping so that if someone wants to make it a weekend they can.

karstic said:
If you're shooting for July why not look for some plalce that has accesibility to water like Silverwood, Puddinstone, Perris, one of the San Diego County lakes, Mission Bay. Some place that has camping so that if someone wants to make it a weekend they can.
Best idea yet!!

karstic said:
ding ding ding we have a good idea :patriot:

EDIT:I will gladly do all I can to help out with setting this up

Last edited:
cal said:
I think most of you are forgetting to include san diego and out into the desert. "Center" is more like south OC.

Don't forget the guys in 805.

corbinafly said:
Best idea yet!!
i agree..i do think a big summer BBQ sounds like a lot of fun. if its a weekend im there for sure, dont care where it is. it should work out pretty good, why should the xmas party be our only big party ?

:D

cal said:

But if we wanted to do a bbq, I could host it at my dads in Fullerton. Plenty of parking, plenty of room, easy access, and half of socal already knows how to get there.

That's a great Idea, San Clemente just happens to be dead center!!!

Yea I'd be in for something like this! I agree, for us Yucaipan's Orange County (especially toward the beaches down there) is JUST into the realm of "pretty far away". We can easily access Corona, Riverside, Rancho, etc etc. It isn't that OC is waaaaaaaaaaaay out there, but there's that hill on the way back, always traffic...........(yes, I'm complaining):).

Anyhow, I like the idea of a lake meeting trip, sounds like something I would be interested in attending! I MUCH more like the idea of driving for a while if there is the opportunity for adventure ;). Driving for over an hour just to drive back home is always a let down though.

I'll keep my eye on this, see where it goes!

I'll help out with whatever I can. For the next week and a half, I'm working for Hertz with nothing to do all day but well exactly what I'm doing right now at work. After that I'll be having a job where I'm off at 3 and don't work weekends anymore....:) Get this goin on a weekend and I will definitely be there.

:D
Gerr said:
Ok guys I purpose we form a 4 person comity to plan this event.

I will be the first to volunteer :wave:

Who else will step up?????????????????????????????

I volunteer to help if I can be of any use, but I'll be out of town camping one weekend in July.

Here are my qualifications:
I have not met 99% of you. Most of those I have met at M&G won't remember me.
I haven't wheeled in ages (like 25 years)
I drive the smallest Jeep (on 215s) in SoCal chapter
My wrenching skills stink
I live in north LA county

Sooo?

BTW, where is this committee going to meet :D

Gerr said:
Ok guys I purpose we form a 4 person comity to plan this event.

I will be the first to volunteer :wave:

Who else will step up?????????????????????????????
why only 4 people? Are you going to choose a 1 rep from south, east west and north? There are also various degrees of eastness and northness to satisfy requirements off. Don't forget the folks in SB, don't forget the folks in SD, don't forget the folks in Bakersfield. Remember: idea is for a one day event where most can drive to ;)

Back