• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing Trackbar Bushing?

carmike692000

NAXJA Forum User
Had a local shop take a look at the front end of the Cherokee yesterday, and they said the only thing that needed any attention was the trackbar bushing. Said it wasn't really bad yet, but would just continue to get worse and the Jeep would start to wander going down the road.

Anyhoo, he called back today with a price (couldn't get a quote yesterday because supply company's computers were down), said it would be $215. Seems a little steep to me, and it doesn't look like it'd be too hard to do.

So
1) is that a horrible price?
2) is it a fairly easy job to do?
3) where/how much can I expect to get a bushing for?

Thanks!!

you can buy a whole new track bar from auto zone for 60 bucks. the hardest part is getting the ball joint side out. other than that its simple

For that price you could get a JKS adjustable trackbar from DPG Offroad.

If you don't have a lift you could just put a new stock trackbar on there like funvtec pointed out. I had a terrible time getting my original stock trackbar out, I ended up cutting it apart with a cutoff wheel. YMMV.

Good luck.

I'm sure the alignment would be included. I heard someone say that the bushing is probably not replaceable in the stock trackbar, so they're probably just replacing the whole trackbar with an OEM unit.

At any rate, Dad just informed me he's planning on paying for it, and he recommended the shop, so I'll just go with it and get it done there.

Thanks for all the input!

Back