• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico Tips?

Mr. Pickle

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

I am headed out to Clico this weekend and it is my first time there. I have my 'trusty' 4wd trails book that has GPS waypoints and descriptions of the trail as well as a bunch of stuff that I have found on the internet about the Doran/Odessa loop. Does anyone have any info about the place that would be useful and isn't totally obvious when I get there? Thanks a bunch in advance.

Mr. Pickle said:
Does anyone have any info about the place that would be useful .

Down gatekeeper is more fun, easier and gives a better wow facter. other then that your good....

4xSanta said:
When I saw this post and u were responding I thought it said "Calico Tits" not Tips owell.......SANTA
I keep telling my 18 year old son that the Jeep thing is not that boring ! I tried telling him you guy's bring trail/tail entertainment!

Don't do this:

IMG_1150-1.jpg

When did that happen Dan? I guess I missed it.

Mr. Pickle, I just typed a rather lengthy trail report from my newbie point of view, but when I hit submit nothing happened. Not sure if that is the kind of info you were looking for anyway. So let me know if you want my details.

John

4xSanta said:
When I saw this post and u were responding I thought it said "Calico Tits" not Tips owell.......SANTA

Hahaha, maybe after some brews I can get a few pics for you of the chicks that are camping with us ;). They love the :cheers: and like to show it.

xjohnnyc said:
Was that Remi spotting? He did the same thing to me. :)

Hey leave Remi alone!! Its clear in the video that 0.03 seconds after it starts to slide into the rocks he points the right way. :eyes:

I fell into that same hole. Remi claimed that the wind kicked some dirt up into his face so that he couldn't see.

Well, now Bill can say that he has experienced PMS firsthand. :D

(Polish Man Spotting)

Mr. Pickle said:
Hahaha, maybe after some brews I can get a few pics for you of the chicks that are camping with us ;). They love the :cheers: and like to show it.

hmmm. maybe I can move a few things around and come out on Saturday.

xjohnnyc said:
Remi claimed that the wind kicked some dirt up into his face so that he couldn't see.

That sounds like some lame ass excuse my kid gives me when he doesn't finish his homework. Classic.

I think Remi was batting about .500 spotting on that section...maybe better.

88trailcrawler said:
That sounds like some lame ass excuse my kid gives me when he doesn't finish his homework. Classic.

I think Remi was batting about .500 spotting on that section...maybe better.
All I can say is that right before Johnny dissapeared from view Robert said something along the lines of: he's running it like a pro :D And then the dust settled ;)

thank god for vids :D Speaking of Johnny's line: look at the tires
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxR152CdnZo
He is perfect exept at second 19~20 even though he is pointed the right way he first slides off into the hole then again still lined up right should be able to climb out onto that little piece he falls out of it sideways into a bigger hole. Also you can see the dust blow up and even though it does not seem like much.. it sucks when it blows right into your eyes ;) :D

I think this is a good excuse for me to go back there again and experiment and play around ;) I'm thinking mid April is the time to pay the canyon a visit ;)

Back