• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel help...16" Ecco???

Those are ecco's, but not 16's. I have the 16" version on my XJ and the rim contour is very different. My rims are the same as the 5.9 Grand Cherokee offered in 97-98. I have thought about selling them to get a different wheel for the offset, but do not know there value.

Angus

Angus said:
Those are ecco's, but not 16's. I have the 16" version on my XJ and the rim contour is very different. My rims are the same as the 5.9 Grand Cherokee offered in 97-98. I have thought about selling them to get a different wheel for the offset, but do not know there value.

Angus

Actually, they're not Ecco's. They are very similar but if you closely study the wheel spokes with an Ecco wheel you will see that the Ecco spokes are flatter and not as recessed. I had a 2000 TJ that had the wheels you have pictured as factory equipment. Another difference is those wheels are a darker shade of gray that Ecco's, which are usually almost a silver color. They are factory Jeep wheels. I've seen them many times on XJ Classic models, and I personally like them better than Ecco's, but don't know what the official name of them is.

Those ebay wheels are called "Grizzly" and are 15 inch not 16. The last year the Grizzly were optioned on the XJ was the limited production 1996 Classic Edition.

Angus, your wheels are called "Ultra Star". The Ultra Star only came on the 2000 Freedom Edition XJ's and 2001 Anniversary Edition XJ's & all were 16". As you said they also came on the 5.9L ZJ and also offered on a few years of TJ.

The late model XJ Limited's got the 16" Icon.

JEEPZZ said:
Those ebay wheels are called "Grizzly" and are 15 inch not 16. The last year the Grizzly were optioned on the XJ was the limited production 1996 Classic Edition.

Angus, your wheels are called "Ultra Star". The Ultra Star only came on the 2000 Freedom Edition XJ's and 2001 Anniversary Edition XJ's & all were 16". As you said they also came on the 5.9L ZJ and also offered on a few years of TJ.

The late model XJ Limited's got the 16" Icon.

'Grizzly'! That's what they're called. I could not remember that for the life of me. All true statements, but I have seen 1997 and later XJ Classics rolling on the Grizzly's. Maybe they were all swapped on by the owners but that doesn't seem likely. I know the Grizzly's were available on the TJ at least through 2000 as that's what came on my black sport. Anywho, I like the Grizzly's better than the Ecco's. Just a personal thing, but they look beefier to me.

I didn't know there were so many that looked alike, cool. I know mine are different since they are 16". I originaly never wanted any othere wheel then mine, but lately I want the wider look. I suppose I could use spacers.
Angus

Angus said:
I didn't know there were so many that looked alike, cool. I know mine are different since they are 16". I originaly never wanted any othere wheel then mine, but lately I want the wider look. I suppose I could use spacers.
Angus
Another better option than wheel spacers (IMO) would be the TJ Rubicon "Moab" wheel, it's 16x8 vs the Ultra Star and Icon which are both 16x7.

The Grizzly wheel appears deeper due to the spoke design but it to is 7" wide (15x7). Good options for a wider 15" wheel are the TJ "Canyon" or the TJ "Ravine" wheels, both are 15x8.

Back