• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Signal Stalk Drooping

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey all

I read a few turn signal multifunction stalk threads and seemed that most people had ones that were broken off, or something similar.

While driving home today I turned my signal on to go left. My left turn signal has been not auto cancelling since I got the Jeep, so I've been cancelling it myself. When I went to cancel it, I heard a crack, and the stalk dropped all the way to the bottom of its travel. The signals wont work now, but the wipers and high beams still do.

Do I need to replace the stalk or something else to get my signals back?

94 XJ btw

is this one of those parts where the oem is reccomended instead of the cheapo parts store brand?

I personally like going oem as much as possible BUT it is not a critical item and most guys would be happy saving a couple bucks vs oem but do your self a favor and get one with warranty

Copy that. Do you sell them? If not I'll try Grimm.

Ok, so I bought the auto zone "turn signal switch" and that is not what is broken. Pulled the wheel, got a look in there and it seems that I need whatever part it is that the turn signal stalk mounts into, I can clearly see it is broken.

Since I didnt have that part I put everything back together, broke my horn in the process so now I need a new piece that makes the horn contact. Just my luck.

So does anyone know where I get the piece the turn signal stalk mounts into? How do I get this out, I couldn't see a way it comes out.

Thanks

bump

anyone know what the part I need is?

The part I need is the turn signal switch actuating arm per that article... where can I find one?

Also where can I find the horn parts?

Back